Local: Utica, NY Change
 

Comments

Posts 1 to 20 of 114


Not content with blowing up the boy’s football team, New Hartford Superintendent Bob Nole is now destroying one of NH's success stories: The girls swim team.

Bob Nole has threatened to cancel the entire girls swim team season unless a perpetrator of a bad prank comes forward.

Now, Bob Nole doesn't have clue who the perpetrator is, much less even know if it is a member of the girls swim team. Of course Bob Nole, the man of action that he is, decides the punish all 30 plus girls on the team unless "someone" confesses. What Bob Nole doesn't understand is that:

a)The girls don't know who did it
b) Even if the did know they have no power to compel the perpatrator to confess
c) Given the way this has elavated, there is no way the perpatrator will confess anyway.

Its the most ineffective demonstration of leadership I have ever seen in my life! NH parents, haven't we had enough of this? No matter what happens at this point, Nole needs to go! Let the School Board know how you feel. We need a new superintendent,now!

To NH girls swimmers. Hang in there! We love you!

NH Parent wrote:
Not content with blowing up the boy’s football team, New Hartford Superintendent Bob Nole is now destroying one of NH's success stories: The girls swim team.
Bob Nole has threatened to cancel the entire girls swim team season unless a perpetrator of a bad prank comes forward.
Now, Bob Nole doesn't have clue who the perpetrator is, much less even know if it is a member of the girls swim team. Of course Bob Nole, the man of action that he is, decides the punish all 30 plus girls on the team unless "someone" confesses. What Bob Nole doesn't understand is that:
a)The girls don't know who did it
b) Even if the did know they have no power to compel the perpatrator to confess
c) Given the way this has elavated, there is no way the perpatrator will confess anyway.
Its the most ineffective demonstration of leadership I have ever seen in my life! NH parents, haven't we had enough of this? No matter what happens at this point, Nole needs to go! Let the School Board know how you feel. We need a new superintendent,now!
To NH girls swimmers. Hang in there! We love you!


Tell your daughter to fess up.

I guess the season is over for them. Pisses me off because I attend all year and play pocket pool when they are at the start.Go Tara!

NH Parent wrote:
Not content with blowing up the boyÂ’s football team, New Hartford Superintendent Bob Nole is now destroying one of NH's success stories: The girls swim team.

Bob Nole has threatened to cancel the entire girls swim team season unless a perpetrator of a bad prank comes forward.

Now, Bob Nole doesn't have clue who the perpetrator is, much less even know if it is a member of the girls swim team. Of course Bob Nole, the man of action that he is, decides the punish all 30 plus girls on the team unless "someone" confesses. What Bob Nole doesn't understand is that:

a)The girls don't know who did it
b) Even if the did know they have no power to compel the perpatrator to confess
c) Given the way this has elavated, there is no way the perpatrator will confess anyway.

Its the most ineffective demonstration of leadership I have ever seen in my life! NH parents, haven't we had enough of this? No matter what happens at this point, Nole needs to go! Let the School Board know how you feel. We need a new superintendent,now!

To NH girls swimmers. Hang in there! We love you!

What was the prank?

Did somebody put tide in the pump?

NH Parent wrote:
Bob Nole has threatened to cancel the entire girls swim team season unless a perpetrator of a bad prank comes forward.


What was the prank and why does he suspect a member of the swim team did it? You're leaving out some rather important details.

Good for Bob- who cares!!

It won't be good for Bob when we show up at the school board with pitch forks and torches... or better yet vote down the next NH School budget

You can take the boy out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of the boy

Like I have said before Nole and the AD Alvanos must go now.

NH Parent wrote:
Not content with blowing up the boy’s football team, New Hartford Superintendent Bob Nole is now destroying one of NH's success stories: The girls swim team.
Bob Nole has threatened to cancel the entire girls swim team season unless a perpetrator of a bad prank comes forward.
Now, Bob Nole doesn't have clue who the perpetrator is, much less even know if it is a member of the girls swim team. Of course Bob Nole, the man of action that he is, decides the punish all 30 plus girls on the team unless "someone" confesses. What Bob Nole doesn't understand is that:
a)The girls don't know who did it
b) Even if the did know they have no power to compel the perpatrator to confess
c) Given the way this has elavated, there is no way the perpatrator will confess anyway.
Its the most ineffective demonstration of leadership I have ever seen in my life! NH parents, haven't we had enough of this? No matter what happens at this point, Nole needs to go! Let the School Board know how you feel. We need a new superintendent,now!
To NH girls swimmers. Hang in there! We love you!


Kudos to Bob Nole. There is a zero tolerance policy, is there not? Let's stop making excuses for bratty kids and let them own up to whatever they did. As others have said, why aren't you even saying what the prank was?

No nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>Kudos to Bob Nole. There is a zero tolerance policy, is there not? Let's stop making excuses for bratty kids and let them own up to whatever they did. As others have said, why aren't you even saying what the prank was?

Well there's only a zero tolerance policy for some. If the swim team is punished then so should all the sports players that were at last weekends big party where there was alcohol and other substances. However, Mr. Noles nephew was at that party so it looks like they won't be punished. Also, according to the code, whether certain kids were drinking or not, they aren't even supposed to be there. You can't punish one team and not another.

No nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to Bob Nole. There is a zero tolerance policy, is there not? Let's stop making excuses for bratty kids and let them own up to whatever they did. As others have said, why aren't you even saying what the prank was?


You’re missing the point... The girls did nothing, they were the victims of the prank. No one knows who did the prank and there is no evidence that it was a member of the swim team. What the prank was is irrelevant. What is relevant is the ineffective, amateurish and damaging technique MR Nole is using to address this. Why punish innocent kids just on the small chance you may punish the perpetrator?

I support Mr. Nole. The girl or girls responsible for the prank should do the right thing. Step up and admit what you did. Accept your punishment. Don't let the entire New Hartford swim team suffer for your actions.

resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there's only a zero tolerance policy for some. If the swim team is punished then so should all the sports players that were at last weekends big party where there was alcohol and other substances. However, Mr. Noles nephew was at that party so it looks like they won't be punished. Also, according to the code, whether certain kids were drinking or not, they aren't even supposed to be there. You can't punish one team and not another.
So true

...the details of the prank are relevant.

I mean, if someone toilet papered the coaches car, or set a turtle loose in the pool, that is one thing. If vandalism was involved that is a little different. If the prank was done by the team and you hold the team accountable, that is one thing. If the prank was done to the team by someone outside, and you punish the team because they won't out the guilty, that is something else.

So feel free to tell everyone the truth before you call for the firing of the super or AD.

That said, the administration has done nothing in years to gain the benefit of the doubt in these matters. Looking the other way when rules are broken, or making exceptions when people know the details of a violation... that is going to come back to them. Sooner or later their credibility will be shot and they will lack standing to discipline or promote the school. ...as if that hasn't happened already.

NH resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re missing the point... The girls did nothing, they were the victims of the prank. No one knows who did the prank and there is no evidence that it was a member of the swim team. What the prank was is irrelevant.


If no one on the team was involved, and in fact were victims of it, then why the reluctance to say just what the prank was? If anything, providing a description of how it victimized the people in question would seem to bolster your case that there's been a miscarriage of justice. Surely you can see that a continued refusal to be open and honest about what exactly happened brings your motivations into question.

If you're not just pitchforking then give us some details.

Someone was writing mean anonymous letters to a girl on the swim team
That's it. And unless someone confesses Bob Nole will cancel the entire girls swim team
Bob Nole has no evidence at all that the letter writer is a member of the swim team. Nole believes he can bully the teenage girls into making someone confess
. Its really sad and idiotic o his part.

Bob Nole is a fair guy. I'm sure he knows more than he is saying. We can speculate all day, but to what end? The girl or girls involved must come forward. The entire season will not be canceled if she or they tell the truth. This type of behavior is inexcusable.

Well how come NH football season wasn't cancelled? Pictures were posted all over the Internet about a big party where there was alcohol and other stuff. Many athletes were at the party. Mr. Noles nephew was at the party. Is that why nothing was done about it? The code of conduct is quite clear. Ilion just forfeited a game because of the same thing. At least they followed through.
Posts 1 to 20 of 114

Add your Comments

You'll need JavaScript enabled to post comments

By clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read our Terms of Service. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

Offbeat Quiz: Which Brady Bunch Character Are You?