Local: The Colony, TX Change

Comments

Posts 1 to 20 of 179

The colony season 3 was forced to be put on hold after an applicant winds up dead when a hostile' weapon hits his head and he falls down a flight of stairs. The family of the deceased applicant is pursuing a law suit but is dead in the water due to the waver signed by the man dismissed all legal rights to the producers

Thanks for the info... Love the show & anticipating the next season starting. Many of us have been wondering what's going on & getting fustrated with the close mouthed Discovery network! My thoughts & prayers to all involved...especially the man's family. Although in a true survival situation fatalities will happen, even simulations have inherent danger... Still, we respectfully hope The Colony will be back soon...

Figure you would sign a wavier and at that point legal ramifications are not possible... Still it sucks but when going into a "mock" doomsday environment you would have to know there are risks, think about season two and when they try to drag the stairs up to the roof someone could of been killed there.

Sorry for the accident and the person who died, sorry to the family for there loss and screw them for trying to collect legal ramifications.

Like the others said, being in an experimentation have its risk, especially in The Colony. It is not only a TV show, its a real experiment and all the participant knew the risk when they decided to enlist.

I am really sorry for the family and friends, but I have to say that sueing the producers wont change anything. The guy knew the risk, and even if they win, it wont bring him back.

I am so sorry to hear someone died shooting a tv show. I did like that show so much but not a life's worth. I thought the show was rather dangerous. My husband and I watched both seasons on Netflix one weekend. It really got to us. We like to be prepared for the what if. Sueing will not bring the Man back but it might feed his kids and send them to college.

from watching the first two seasons i must say i saw this coming.my sympathy to the family for their loss.i would like to see future episodes of the show,but they will probably be watered down now.i agree that the show approached being a true experiment. casting is a big part of that and would need to be done in a way to enhance that. the external features also need to be dealt with accordingly. the show could be great. it will always have risk as a significant component.

I viewed some of season 2 on netflix and I was amazed at the aparent reality of the experiment. It seemed that the cast members were exposed to real dangers and real violence from raiders. I assumed that the dangers had been staged and filmed such that in true holywood fashon there was more illusion than reality to the colony. Now I'm going to look at view the remainder of the season wilth a lot less skepticism. To be honest though I'm not sure it makes sense to expose people to significant risks to film episodes of a reality television series. It just seems a trivial thing to loose a humen life over.

I love it. Death comes to all of us. There's known risks, waivers, legalities. Just air season 3 please. Thanks.

Big!! Big!! Fan!! Need more seasons sorry to the fam. But he sing that paper!! It was he's choice .

I watched e ery episode since the begining at least i now know why season 3 has not aired yet. my heart goes out to the family. But he knew there was dangers and that death was not impossible. Sorry for your loss. but i think this show is good for everyone that watches it for infomation and for thinking out side of the box and to learn survival skills. so i hope that season 3 will be on soon. love he show pleae bring it back.

My sympathy for the family.
If there is a chance for making another season I would greatly take that challenge. I was a paratrooper in the military and am aware of any risk involved with training. I would love to test my survival abilities that I have learned not only from being in the service but from things I have learned over the years.

I'm thinking this is a myth - where is the source?

I think it is absurd to pursue a lawsuit after the waver is signed. Think of it this way: would you sue a company who is taking willing subjects for medical testing and one of them died or almost died from it after signing a waver? not if you are smart, because you will just be losing out on money you could be using for the funeral or such. Yes, 'The Colony' is aired on television, but it is still an experiment, just like any other extended-period experiment. There are risks, the subjects knew what they were getting into would be risky.

I am hoping for the third season. I specialize in survival and such, but I still picked up some good things from the first two seasons. Keep up the good work!

The Colony is an experiment on a tv show, and there are risks. Even though a wavier is signed, when it comes to death injury and severe, a clear line should be drawn. The colony is an experiment, however, producers do have a level of control in the situations they provide, and people introduced. So this was taken too far.

Up until now, the show has been entertaining. It will be very difficult for the show to return after an accident like this. But if it does, hopefully they will be more cafeful.
The family is entitled to at lease funeral costs and a modest scholarship fund for the children of the man.

Omg dif that realy happen my mom was going to try but

Is there a source on this information? If you can provide a source that would be helpful. If not, I think the claim that someone died on the show is a load of it. Please back the claim up with a source. I looked for a corroborating source and could not find a single one. You'd think if someone died on a reality show I would be able to find at least 1 news story on it, or one reference from a valid source and I can not find any.

You guys need to listen to yourselves. A man's life was lost and all you are worried about is your entertainment. Season two I thought while being factual, the hostiles were far to dangerous and added an unknown element to the show. There could have been a much better way to simulate battle situations.
Cancel the show. I no longer wish to watch knowing a man's life was lost.

You should not be ashamed of wanting to watch a show where someone has passed away in the making of it. That person signed a waiver knowing there was a risk of injury or death in the name of creating entertainment. Stunt persons, daredevils, and actors get injured and / or die all the time making movies but people still watch those. You watch negative news everyday all day Slow down to see a car wreck while jeopardizing to create one yourself. It's very sad this person died and the family is suffering because of their choice. But that's just it. It was their choice and so the show should still go on.

What's yall's favorite character..... Myn is Jim & Reeno

Sorry for your loss.
AIR EVERYTHING!
PLEASE BRING BACK THE COLONY!!!
Posts 1 to 20 of 179

Add your Comments

You'll need JavaScript enabled to post comments

By clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read our Terms of Service. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

Offbeat Quiz: Which Wizard of Oz Character Are You?